Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Stuff #12: Water

Water is really great.  I don't drink as much as I should.  I know this because every so often  I get a glass of water, I drink it, and I think, "Oh my gosh this is the best thing EVER."  This has clued me in to the fact that I get dehydrated, and should probably work on fixing that.

Life just goes better when I have enough water.  I feel more alert, I think faster, I have fewer headaches, it's just better.  I love great big glasses or water bottles that I can just leave in front of me and drink absent-mindedly.  My problem isn't drinking the water, it's remembering to get it in the first place, then refill my cup once I drink it.

Water is essential to tea, another of my great loves.  It is also essential to swimming, my favorite form of exercise.  It makes oceans, lakes, rivers, streams, and puddles. It makes plants grow, it makes people grow.  It makes scientists excited when they find it on other planets.  It makes me excited when they find it on other planets.  It makes our own planet pretty when viewed from outer space.  Oodles and oodles of water hangs over our heads, defying gravity.  We look at it all the time and in response to the marvelous phenomenon we usually say, "I think I see a bunny."

Water is cool, and all to often, I don't give it the credit it deserves.  Here's to you, water.

No comments:

Post a Comment