Friday, July 22, 2011

Stuff #22: Tiny Teapots

Or at least smallish teapots.

You see, coffee is among my many dislikes.  Caffeine is not.  I rather like being awake.  It's that bitter dark stuff I don't need.  Soda is an excellent source of caffeine input, but it is unhealthy, and not how I want to start my day.  Enter tea.

I have already excitedly gone on about how I like tea, but today I want to tell you about one particular teapot. 

 Tah-Dah!  (or is that Ta-Da, I can't decide)


Let me tell you why I love this teapot.  It is small, for one.  So tempting to just make a huge pot in the morning, but really, I don't want all that much tea.  So the fact that the teapot is about the size of a normal mug is pretty much perfect.  Not too much, not too little, it's the little bear (--cough-- Obscure Goldilocks Reference --cough--) of teapots for me.  
 
Teapot again, this time with hand for reference.

Also, check out that handy strainer.  Perfect for loose leaf tea.  Put the tea in, pull it out, perfect.  

Of course, I could make myself a cup of tea just as easily as a pot.  Why bother with the extra dishes?  Well, the fact that it's adorable is one.  It also cools the tea faster, in the tiny cup.  I tend to drink tea all in one go, and boiling water is a bit hot.  The cup is small enough that I can drink it all before it gets too cold, too.

Perhaps an even more important reason is that it's sort of a ritual.  Make the tea, pour it in the cup, sip at the cup, pour more tea in.  It's a simple routine to get my day off to the right start.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment